July 09, 2009

200: Happy Bicentennial, To Me

Photobucket
This is the 200th artistic/creative diversion I've given myself since I began this blog at the outset of 2005. I am not one who tends to toot one's own horn, but right about now I am finding this pretty f**king amazing.

This is another entry from my May Day drawing series; my May 18th contribution to be precise (I'm telling you, this is one self-started drawing challenge that continues to pay out). A brush pen portrait of my niece, based on a photo I took during a Thanksgiving 2007 visit to my sister's in Nova Scotia, this was dressed up not for Illustration Friday or any other themed assignment. It was done – as athletes sometimes say – simply for the love of the game.

A closer look can be had, here.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, that drawing is gorgeous! I'll bet her parents would love to have that framed in their home.

And 200 creative diversions is totally f**king amazing!

Z-Kids said...

Yes - Love this!
Z-Dad

patricia zapata said...

Awesome! Congratulations Jeope!

Jeope said...

Thanks you guys. 201 and counting...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Jeope. Maybe a more flattering one of Avery than "blarg",next time? Although he was an odd little guy...Love "the Mom"