December 23, 2005

45: The Hardest Button To Button

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Recently, the local chapter of the Society of Graphic Designers of Canada (GDC) held a button swap – where interested members could create a design for a one-inch button. The entries were then gathered, printed, and shipped back with each submitter receiving a copy of each contributor's button – and, as it turned out, a whole whackload of their own (which I gave away at a dizzying pace earlier today). Kind of a neat concept, but the turnout was way less than expected, most likely because of Christmas and being broke and such. Hopefully the GDC does another run later on when people aren't so distracted. My button was probably the quickest to make; I took a photo of Kerry's belly button and basically sent it in as is, with this message (right) that wound up getting clipped. Ah well... having the collection is kind of cool, anyway.

8 comments:

maeengan said...

That looks pretty GROSS.

Allan Lorde said...

I couldn't figure out what it was at first, but I blame that on sleep deprivation. My brain read it as inside out originally. Looks good...Clarendon?

Anonymous said...

What the? How de? Who da? heh? Uh, where's mine?

Vonster said...

Jeope,

Cool buttons man! Nice illos too.

So how do you turn on 'Word Verification?'

Von

maeengan said...

I can see belly button jam, ewwww!

Jeope said...

Cut it out, wisenheimer! You can not see belly button jam.

Quit lookin' at it then!

maeengan said...

I believe in freedom of artistic expression, nor am I judging you, or your judgement, but are you going to where the button? As a demonstration of your affection, for your significant other.

Jeope said...

I have about 100 of these buttons. I'm gonna either make chain-mail out of 'em or a belly-button bandoleer to go over my "Indians Kick Ass" t-shirt. Nyah.