November 29, 2006

Immature/Invention II

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A dual post: Photo Friday's current theme of immature got me to thinking of this photo, taken the last time I had a roll of black-and-white film in a camera. That's Kerry at Grand Beach in the spring of 2005, caught in a rare moment of immaturity with a large, washed-up reed as a rat-tail. Some post-development Photoshop action was applied as I was also intending to add this shot to Flickr denizen Mick "Damned Thing" O'Dwyer's Detail Is Everything photo-group, a cool spot in the Flickrverse for all photos textured, dirtied and distressed. Click here for a better look at this shot.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And Illustration Friday's theme of invention reminded me of this Swiss Army knife design I created for my sister's dental practice business card way, way back in the fall of 2000. One of my first genuine post-college stabs at using FreeHand, I've learned a few more of the program's intricacies since then. It's too bad the program was just swallowed up by the good folks at Adobe.

7 comments:

Brine Blank said...

We use Freehand mostly (as it transfers to Flash a little easier). At first I was an Illustrator fan but the expand stroke in conjunction with the bezigon tool is a lot easier to create varied strokes and to get better looking curves with less effort...maybe Adobe will at least bring that tool in although there are rumors they might sell the program off...Nice illustration again.

Michelle Lana said...

Hehe...yes! a great idea..and a very sharp illo!

Jeope said...

Thanks Brine, Michelle. I've never been so fluid in Freehand as to worry myself too much with its disappearance. Still, how many industries feature their technologies being treated so haphazardly like ours?

Ian said...

Great link to that flickr group. I love grunged up pics!!

Jeope said...

For sure! Mick's stuff was a great find.

A Sepia Colored Photo said...

COOL!! it has a toothbrush!

Anonymous said...

Great advertizing for me, bro. Do I need an update, then?
Deenie