What was I doing ten years ago?
To the day practically, I was graduating – with honours, betta recognize – from the graphic design program, then known as Advertising Art, at Red River College. At the ceremony, I was planning to ask this girl from another program I liked to go out sometime, but she ditched the graduation and I had to cold-call her a week or so later. We're now married.
What are five things on my to-do list for today?*
*Note: I wrote this yesterday.
• eat Shreddies (done).
• design an ad of company merchandise (done).
• freak out over cankerworms (ongoing).
• attend a baseball game, weather permitting (done).
• this thing – what I'm doing right now (done).
What snacks do I enjoy?
Are you kidding me? Brownies. Compared to brownies, everything else is a pile of puke. But if there's a gun to my head...
• Miss Vickie's sweet chili & sour cream chips
• Ritter Sport (any kind with whole nuts in 'em)
• hot fudge sundaes, with peanuts
• Wagon Wheels
• baby carrots
• monster cookies
• Corn Pops
• brownies with ice cream
What would I do if I were a billionaire?
Much. But this is as good a time as any to state, for the record, that I would like to go into outer space – and I think that, as a billionaire, I could achieve that goal. Kerry says that outer space would be boring, that after she did a couple summersaults and squeezed out a tube of toothpaste in zero gravity, there wouldn't be much else to do (and she’s the poet). Me? I'd have my face pasted to the window, watching the earth like a TV. For the record, is all.
Where have I lived?
Figure 1: where I have lived.
• Kitchener, Ontario
• On my aunt and uncle's farm, near MacGregor, Manitoba
• Winnipeg, Manitoba – eight addresses within a seven block radius, over 25 years (see figure 1)
What jobs have I held?
Ahh, a natural progression...
• graphic designer