June 27, 2008

I Ate Shreddies Yesterday

So allow me, this one time, to be bloggy and answer a chain-letteresque pass-along series of questions from my friend Maria, who – bless her – resurrected her own site just days ago. However, in the spirit of being difficult and lazy and it being a hot summer weekend and all, I'm going to halt the chain here.

What was I doing ten years ago?

To the day practically, I was graduating – with honours, betta recognize – from the graphic design program, then known as Advertising Art, at Red River College. At the ceremony, I was planning to ask this girl from another program I liked to go out sometime, but she ditched the graduation and I had to cold-call her a week or so later. We're now married.

What are five things on my to-do list for today?*

*Note: I wrote this yesterday.

• eat Shreddies (done).
• design an ad of company merchandise (done).
• freak out over cankerworms (ongoing).
• attend a baseball game, weather permitting (done).
• this thing – what I'm doing right now (done).

What snacks do I enjoy?

Are you kidding me? Brownies. Compared to brownies, everything else is a pile of puke. But if there's a gun to my head...

• Miss Vickie's sweet chili & sour cream chips
• Ritter Sport (any kind with whole nuts in 'em)
• hot fudge sundaes, with peanuts
• Wagon Wheels
• baby carrots
• monster cookies
• Corn Pops
• brownies with ice cream

What would I do if I were a billionaire?

Much. But this is as good a time as any to state, for the record, that I would like to go into outer space – and I think that, as a billionaire, I could achieve that goal. Kerry says that outer space would be boring, that after she did a couple summersaults and squeezed out a tube of toothpaste in zero gravity, there wouldn't be much else to do (and she’s the poet). Me? I'd have my face pasted to the window, watching the earth like a TV. For the record, is all.

Where have I lived?

Photobucket
Figure 1: where I have lived.

• Kitchener, Ontario
• On my aunt and uncle's farm, near MacGregor, Manitoba
• Winnipeg, Manitoba – eight addresses within a seven block radius, over 25 years (see figure 1)

What jobs have I held?

Ahh, a natural progression...

• paperboy/paperteen
• drug-runner/cashier/mop-monkey/pharmacist-helper-dude/bookkeeper
• graphic designer

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Dang, kid. You must REALLY love living in that area!

Space ain't my thang. I'll leave it to you and that N'Sync guy. I like seeing Earth from close up.

Jeope said...

And I'd still have money left over to jettison the N'Sync guy, too.

Pah. Yer jealous, anyway. Jealous that I have Shreddies and you don't.

Mrs. Maria said...

Paperboy! Ha! That's awesome. I'm so glad I tagged you, your post is like breaking consistency! You have to make it special, you always do! Thanks for the love J! :P

Ian said...

I was virtually raised on Wagon Wheels. Like everything they don't make like they used to. Their smaller!

My wife HATES them, so it's a running joke with us on when Liam gets his first one. I pouted went a competing socceer team of Liam's got Wagon Wheels for snack!

Corn pops!!- A treat I am only allowed to have camping as I reserve the right on the Corn Pops within the row of lil cereal boxes you take camping. As the commercial goes "Gotta have my pops!!"

I like Brownies, but not nearly as much as you it seems.

Ian said...

OH I forgot to ask, were the the classic Shreddies or the new upstart Diamond ones?

Jeope said...

They are smaller. And the only time I get them now is sneaking away a few at Halloween.

Jeope said...

Ian, they were diamond ones. Which I'm not keen on, as they shred the top of my mouth.