November 24, 2005

When It Snows It Pours

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The view on Garfield Street, Winnipeg (Nov. 15, 2005).

Last week's snowstorm afforded me my first opportunity ever to 1) borrow a neighbour's shovel, and 2) build a snowman in my front yard – the latter being somewhat more of a personal highlight than the former. Our snowman's lifespan left a little to be desired: built at noon, wilting by three and dead on the ground by the time we came back from Kerry's parents place after dinner. He was a bizarre crossbreed, created from Kerry's desire to go all-natural – using dead foliage from our flowerbeds – and me wanting to use found basement objects, which consisted of a leftover scrap of dryer ventilation duct.

Here's a pic of Kerry and the big snowy papi we built on Sunday. We never even got the chance to name it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Fun snowman!!! I can't remember the last time I made one, although I've always wanted to make one, Calvin & Hobbes style, all morbid and stuff. So? What was his name?? Goober? Snorklepuff? James? I know, it was Mel, right?

maeengan said...

I know! Cyril Sneer from the Racoons!

Jeope said...

Cyril Sneer! Yes! Somebody recognizes!

A gold star for you, good man. I thought nobody would get it.

Mary said...

I think Mr. Snowman is getting a little fresh with Kerry, you need to make sure that future snow men keep their cold, mitten hands to themselves LOL. How did I miss the cool snowman pic the last gazillion times I checked your blog???